The all new DJI CrystalSky Monitor which has been shown off at a number of events over the past few months will begin shipping soon. Today at NAB in Las Vegas, DJI released pricing and estimated availability for their new, highly demanded, aerial video monitor, the DJI CrystalSky.
We are happy to announce that the CrystalSky is now available for pre-order here at Advexure. Pre-orders will begin shipping in the order in which they are received beginning around the middle of May.
The drone community has been in dire need of a high quality, lightweight, portable video monitor for drone flying. The DJI CrystalSky Monitor is finally what we’ve all been waiting for. DJI has designed the CrystalSky for outdoor aerial imaging. One of the biggest issues that drone pilots face just about everyday is not being able to see their video feed on their phone or tablet on a bright, sunny day. The CrystalSky Monitor features an ultra-bright screen that is clearly visible in bright sunlight.
How do I order the DJI CrystalSky?
First it is important to note that there are three models of the CrystalSky, each of the models are shown below.
Clicking the title of the model will bring you to the Advexure Store to submit your DJI CrystalSky pre-order.
– This model features a smaller 5.5 inch display while still outputting a 1000-nit brightness. Best display monitor for Mavic Pro owners.
– The larger display option for the CrystalSky at 7.85 inches. Features 1000-nit of brightness. This is a great aerial drone monitor for the average drone user looking for a brighter display option compared to an iPad.
– This model tops out the DJI CrystalSky options and features a 7.85 inch display at a jaw-dropping 2000-nit brightness, more than four times brighter than standard mobile devices. Designed for filmmaking professionals and users flying in during the strongest daylight hours.
DJI CrystalSky Specs
It’s extremely bright
– DJI has given us a small taste of just how bright in their integrated display on the all new Phantom 4 Pro+. The CrystalSky is more than four times brighter than typical devices currently being used for drone flying. Spec’d at 2000 cd/m we should have no problem seeing the CrystalSky on those clear blue sky flying days.
– This is extremely important for monitors that are playing back real-time video. DJI has integrated an optimized video encoder that provides the smoothest possible playback in real-time with an extremely minimal latency of 180ms. Typical mobile devices have at least a 220ms video decoding latency.
Long operating times
– The 7.85” CrystalSky will feature up to 4-5 hours of operation while the 5.5” will feature 5-6 hours. These operation times far exceed the battery life of comparable mobile devices that are currently used in the drone industry.
Dual SD Card Slots
– Two SD Card Slots allow for the recording of footage directly onto the SD card in the monitor or playing back footage recorded on a Micro SD Card. Files from the Micro SD Cards can also be played back through the HDMI port output on the monitor.
HDMI Port & Network Compatibility
– The CrystalSky’s HDMI Port will allow for up to 4K video to be output to FPV video goggles or other HDMI viewing devices. Built-in Wi-Fi functionality will enable the CrystalSky to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
Which DJI drones are compatible with the CrystalSky?
The DJI CrystalSky Monitor can be easily connected to the Inspire 2, Inspire 1 series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced, Matrice series and Mavic using the remote controller USB port, as well as the Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 3 Standard over Wi-Fi.
When was the DJI CrystalSky release date?
The DJI CrystalSky was originally announced in mid-November at the Inspire 2 launch and was announced today at NAB that it would begin shipping in the coming weeks.
What is the price?
The following is the CrystalSky price for each of the specific models: 5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469; 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699; and the 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999.
DJI CrystalSky Availability
The regular 5.5″ and 7.5″ CrystalSky models will begin shipping from Advexure beginning in mid-May, while 7.5″ Ultra will begin shipping in June.
How can I order the DJI CrystalSky Monitor?
Advexure is now accepting pre-orders for the CrystalSky and orders will ship on a first come, first served basis.